Monday, April 27, 2009

If your a seascape, Im a listing boat full of every hope. The choice is yours to be loved. Come away from an empty boat.

So I guess I really like plaid...

Today, I wore this:

Plaid shirt: thrifted
Jacket: Abercrombie & Fitch

and bought this for $2 at a garage sale:


The plaid shirt was actually way to big for me to begin with. As much as I'd like to be able to wear baggy things, I usually just don't feel completely comfortable in them. So, I decided to sew the shirt in. I think that sewing is an important skill to have. It makes it so that you can buy anything in any size because you can always taylor it to fit your size. I like to buy funky things from thrift stores and sew them to fit me. 

For those who already know how to sew, this is old news. However, because I think it is so important for anyone who likes fashion to know how to sew, here are some simple instructions on how to sew in a t shirt. 

1. Put it on and estimate how many inches skinnier you want the shirt and sleeves to be.

2. Using a zigzag stitch, sew the shirt, starting from the sleeve and working to the body. Make sure to make a sharp angle in the armpit and not a curved line. 
 
3. Try it on! If your happy with how it fits, cut the remaining material off. If not, take the stitches out and sew it again!

Easy Peasy!

8 comments:

  1. Love your plaid shirt and that bag!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so adorable and the shirt looks great! The bag is a great buy too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shirt & jacket look great! Luv this look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!
    I've been looking for a plaid shirt for a month now, but all of the shirts I come across are WAY overpriced!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look! I'm really crappy with the sewing machine :[

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wear plaid shirts all the time! Especially at school cause we have to wear collars as part of our dress code :)

    http://natashassoiree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the plaid =) Wow that bag was a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the sewing tips. I have no idea how to sew and I definitely need to learn. I have so many clothes that I want to alter. Btw love the $2 bag. What a steal.

    http://www.fashionismygirlfriend.com/

    ReplyDelete