Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'd dig a hole and label it love and trick him to fall in from above

Along with loving fashion, I'm also a huge foodie. I love cooking, baking, and of course, eating! I made this tonight for dinner and it was a huge success! Its a twist on a normal hamburger and it's delicious!

Rachel Ray's "Stretch a Buck Turkey and Bean Burrito Burger"


Ingredients

  • 1 cup cold leftover white or brown rice
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • Palmful chili powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons, half a palmful, cumin
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander, half a palmful
  • 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
  • 1 lime, zested and juiced
  • 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
  • 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
  • 1 ripe tomato, sliced
  • 4 crusty rolls, split

Directions

Combine rice, meat and beans with spices and grill seasoning. Form 4 big patties from the meat and bean mixture then heat 1 tablespoon oil, a turn of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties 7 to 8 minutes on each side.

While burgers cook, combine avocado with garlic, lime zest and juice, jalapeno and red onion. Mash to roughly combine, then stir in the sour cream.

Place burgers on buns with lettuce and tomato and top with sour cream guacamole.

source: http://www.foodnetwork.com


I actually made my own "grill seasoning" because I don't have any. 

Ingredients

source: http://www.recipezaar.com

I also didn't use the sour cream or jalapenos. I just put avocados, tomatoes, and lettuce on it.

Oh, and I used kidney beans instead of pinto because that's what I had on hand. I often augment my recipes to fit what ever I have on hand. It doesn't always work out for the best, but this time it was really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment