Sunday, April 5, 2009

Flea Market Finds

Follow my blog with bloglovin´
This weekend I went to a flea market in my grandma's senior community. I love going to their flea markets because you can find a lot of really nice vintage items. Not to mention that I love getting things at a good deal! It's not like most of the usual flea markets with fake Gucci bags and bootleg dvds. Its just old people getting rid of their things! This weekend I found a bunch of things! Some of the pictures are a tad blurry. The camera on my phone isn't always the best at catching detail in close up pictures. Enjoy!
I bought a bunch of belts! From the top down:
  1. Purple cloth belt - 50 cents. I thought it would be perfect to add a big bow to a shirt. 
  2. Thin Braided Belt - Free!
  3. Black or Brown Reversible Leather Belt - $10. Supposedly its handmade in new york and the leather is super soft!
  4. Thin white belt - $1
  5. Thin Black Faux Snake Skin Belt - $1
  6. Thin Black Belt with Metal Links - $2. The lady wouldn't give it to me for $1, but I can't really complain about the price. I was just out of dollar bills!
  7. White Woven Belt with Abalone Buckle - $1. She said it was supposedly woven by hand, but I don't think I believe her.

Big Twisted Pearl Necklace - $5
I have no idea if it is real or not, but I think its cool looking!

Bracelets. From the left to the right:
  1. Some kind of shell bangle - $1
  2. Sterling Silver Bracelet from Mexico - $5
  3. Bracelet that Looks like a Belt - $3. It even adjusts like a belt. I thought it was just so clever!

Big Brass Bead Necklace - $1

Broach - $1

3 small brass bracelets - $2
Brass Cuff - $2

New York Company Black Dress - $1. I'll have to tailor it because its too big.
Scarf - $1

Fabric!
Each piece was from 50 cents to $2. I'm hoping it will motivate me to make some clothes!

Nut Bead Necklace - $1. I don't know what kind of nut the beads are made of but I like how the beads are brown but almost black (even though in this picture they look like whoppers).

Pastel Beaded Shell Necklace - $1. Its actually really long but I think I'm going to shorten it to the length I displayed it at.

Multi-Strand Pearl Necklace - $3. Once again, I have no idea if it is real or not.

Multi-Strand Black Seed Bead Necklace - $1

Michael Kors Flats - $10.50
Pink Leg Warmers - Free!

Brass Necklace - $1. The way the beads fit together looks like a snake, to me! I think I may shorten the length of it also.

Sterling Silver Beaded Bracelet - $1. It needs a jump ring, but that's easy to fix!
Sterling Silver Heart Bracelet - $3. I love the way the hearts are all attached! It reminds me of a watch band!

Twisted Beaded Rock Necklace - $1. I like how the beads are made of jagged rocks!

White Gloves - $2. They make me feel like I should be going to a tea party!

Plastic Coated Wire Necklace - $1

Wooden Bead Necklace - $1. I really like how this necklace is really nude colors because it's so huge and chunky!

Yay for a successful day at the flea market!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent steal on the micheal cors flats, they're so cute and I love the pearl strand necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Those belts are such good deals especially if they are as good quality as the seller claims!

    Btw thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to find a good flea market in my city. Your finds are so fab!!

    ReplyDelete