Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Love Louis

I absolutely love Louis Vuitton's Fall 2009 runway show. It's super feminine and mixes everything girls love into one cohesive collection.
Every girl loves a little black dress. The color black makes us look skinny and I love the tiny waist with the voluminous skirt. Not to mention all the detail!

Bows are absolutely a girly trademark. From toddlers to Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl to Lingerie. There is always a bow somewhere in a girl's wardrobe. I have bows all over my clothes and accessories and I love how huge this bow is. This look really shows how feminine a structured blazer-like dress can look.

I want to wear this dress! I love the detail on the body of the dress. It looks like little origami pieces sewn on like scales.The shoes are so cute with the outfit too! Of course, I love the bows! The necklace is perfect also. Many of the outfits in his show had huge chain link necklaces. The links are so close together that the chain has a much different look than the usual hard rock chain. I love how this chain necklace is nude. That way it can be bold but not too bold.

Another girl must have! Lace! This dress could almost be lingerie. The detail work by the shoulders gives a great effect and really ties this dress to the first one on this page.

Metallic! Every girl needs something shiny. What not to Wear says that each outfit needs color, texture, and shine. This outfit definitely has it! I'm sure Louis Vuitton would never need help from What not to Wear though! This outfit is just so fierce! I love the cranberry color of the skirt and clutch, the super tall boots, and in your face shirt.

This dress is super busy and thats why its great! Every girl needs a super crazy party dress for when they're feeling wild.

Pink is the most feminine color in the book. Thats probably why all the baby girl things are pink and the boy things are blue. I really like the pink of this dress. Its not a trashy pink, or a washed out pink, or the electric rocker pink. The pink looks great with the models skin tone and hair color.

I just love the big bow at the neckline. Its an unusual place to see a bow and it looks great!

I love the the squiggly detail. It looks like rouching sewn inside out, but it looks great because it adds that fun squiggly design element to the shirt. Rouching is another good friend to a girl as it can make us look skinnier, not that this model would need any help with that.

This outfit has so many textures and they all work together so well. The shirt itself has three. It has a spiky collar, Louis Vuitton signs and vertical strip pattern. Then it's paired with the skirt which adds a shiny bright blue, a mesh material, and a chunky shingle-like pattern. Its amazing that so many different textures can be incorporated in one outfit without it looking messy. I think the red bag is the perfect ending touch to this outfit.

Every girl needs something tight. I love how the necklace is two different colors and it coincides with the lace on the the top of the bodice as half is loosely ruffled and you can see the light color of her skin through it and the other half is closely ruffled and looks black.

Louis sure knows his girls.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I'm not a big fan of LV bags, but I do love their clothing line; everything is so fresh, innovative and fierce!!

    ReplyDelete