Friday, April 10, 2009

Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2009

For spring looks, Diane Von Furstenberg is the perfect person to go to. She is amazing at patterns and colors! Those two elements are symbols for spring as we get out of thick dark clothing and into light airy items made with colors that mirror the blossoming world around us. With that said, I think her spring 2009 collection is perfect! I also love how she ties all the outfits together with flower headbands! I would love to find or make myself one!
Light and airy, this outfit looks so comfortable! I also love how the pattern is big but the colors are not too stark and overwhelming. I also like the little pops of pink and the tie in the front. Im always a big fan of ties and bows!

I absolutely love this outfit! I love how there are two really bold patterns that work amazingly together. I also really like how it is loose ruffly but is cinched the waist with a studded belt to give it shape. I also love the floral patterns with the studded belt. It gives floral patterns edge!

This outfit uses the same bold patterns as the one above. I really like how this outfit has a bright and solid colored sweater to tone down the outfit.

The rich colors of this outfit are beautiful. The structured top with the belt and the bottom which is really loose gives this dress a great balance.

This shorter dress also has a great color scheme. I also really like the way it flows and how its length is paired with a more modest neckline. The satin jacket is also a great touch as it makes the outfit look polished.

I think that this is the perfect white pant suit for spring. I love how the neckline is slightly curved on the vest and the jacket is left open to show a warm and carefree spring feel. The looser pant also shows gives a spring feel and balances out the low neckline.

Spring is also a great time for lace, as it's only spring and summer time that outfits like this are appropriate. I like the pattern that the lace creates and how the low neckline and short hem are balanced by long sleeves.

I love the jewel-tones in this piece matched with the gold jacket. This would be a great evening look.

Even on warmer days, I love dark colors. I love how slim I feel in them! Black looks a little out of place when the weather is warm, so I really like how this outfit is a deep purple. It's a very flattering color when you have dark hair also. The texture of this dress turns, what could have been a boring dress, into an amazing one. The hat is the perfect accessory for it also!

This dress is such a wild print! It looks perfect on such a simple shaped dress.

I really like the design and color of this dress. It's a tad see-through, but the shape is fabulous!

I'm ready for April showers to bring May flowers!

1 comment:

  1. Great picks! I love the use of color, it's so fresh and the prints have a really summery, flowy feel, like silk to them.

    ReplyDelete