Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Neckin' Around

I'm a huge fan of basic clothing. I love plain solid colored blouses, tees and tanks in flattering cuts. Sometimes I crave something fun and embellished though. So, I was really excited when I spotted a trend of embellished necklines. Whether buttons, beads, gathered fabric, or menswear used to spruce up a top, these are all great ways of making a basic exciting! Here's a bunch of inspiring photos, and the best thing about them is that they can all be DIYed!
Anne Klein $59

This Shirt: Wooden ring chain neckline

What about?
  • plastic or metal rings
  • a crocheted chain
  • a bunch of buttons


J. Crew $42

What about?
  • scrunched ribbon in a different color or fun pattern

I thought this shirt was just so cool with all of the beads and charms around the neckline! I would love to make a toned down version of this but if you're bold, one to this magnitude would look really cool also!

Anne Leman $129 - shopcakeonline.com

What about?
  • a bunch of bows at the neckline
  • fabric flowers
I'm definitely going to try some of these ideas out on some of my basics! Not only will it be much cheaper than buying these shirts, but it will be almost free!

1 comment: