Saturday, June 6, 2009

Yeah I'm lyin'. Damn you're fine.

I'm so sorry to anyone who has noticed the fact that I have been gone for a month. Being a senior in college can get a tad hectic. However, I'm back and have started doing one of my favorite things...DIYing! There's just something about it. Nothing makes me smile faster than shopping, but there's just something just so fulfilling about making things yourself...like seeing the fruits of your labor!

First of all, I finally got a new bag. I've been needing one for over 6 months now. The outside casing of my strap broke and I've just been watching the rubber bands, that are inside, break day by day. It finally got down to only two rubber bands holding the strap together and I realized my textbooks and laptop could go tumbling down with my bag the day the strap breaks while I'm carrying it. So, I went to TJ-Maxx and bought this Enzo bag for only $30 and basically made a huge bow out of fabric (because I'm so sickeningly in love with bows) and sewed it to my bag!


The second DIY I did was embellishing a shirt. I made little flowers out of zippers to put on the collar. I really didn't know what I was doing while folding and sewing the zippers but I think they turned out pretty nicely!



I must say, I'm quite proud of myself. I still have a huge pile of clothes to alter but at least now I feel motivated to sew!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, darling!
    Gorgeous DIYs!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't you ever tell me that you had a blog, too?!? I love your new purse, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great DIYs! love the shirt embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the zipper rosettes - gives an edginess to them that I love.

    ReplyDelete