Thursday, June 18, 2009

Time is money, and baby money is time. Baby I got money. I want to make you mine.

So my latest DIY is an extremely simple one, but I decided to show a tutorial on it anyway. I basically turned some plain bangles into crazy Raggedy Ann ones.

Step by Step
Materials:
  • bangles
  • fabric cut into strips about half an inch wide

Take one of the strips and twist it around the bangle, starting at one end of the fabric strip and ending with the other when the two ends meet.


Tie the two ends together with a double knot and trim the ends.

Take another strip of fabric and twist it around a section of the bangle in a crisscross fashion. Tie the ends together with a double knot and trim the ends. 

Fini! Woohoo!

6 comments:

  1. I like them! Were those the bracelets you picked up over the weekend? I should try and do this with some chunky ones too since the cute ones cost so much and the cheap ones are always ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool DIY idea! I think I can actually do this one ~ thanks, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! What a fab way of glaming up dull bangles! Thanks for your lovely comment xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are absolutely fabulous
    love that they are home-made
    are they buyable?? you should run a small business with that kind of jewelry..theres a definite market for it
    love your blog..so cute!!!!!

    -cma
    check out my blog @
    cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete