Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Abercrombie Says...

As I work for Abercrombie and Fitch, the new look policy for summer came out and it is strict as usual. I just find it interesting that this is what a huge and successful clothing company considers fashionable:

Navy, Grey, and White: Things haven't changed here. Year around, we wear these colors. No exceptions.


Half-Braided Leather Flip Flops $46
FlipFlops: Another thing that hasn't changed. I guess we like to pretend like its warm outside when really were freezing our butts off as we say "hey, how's it going?"


Gretchen Tank $40
Shear Tees and Tanks: I found that all of the new shirts are shear. They suggested that we buy nude colored bras to wear underneath. Inconvenient? Too revealing? Or maybe breezy and casual? Abercrombie is known for "casual luxury".


Nicolette Crop Jean $80
Cuffed Jeans: So that we can look like we just came in from the rice fields? Or maybe to give a more summery look to our jeans. I'm not sure why were not allowed to wear shorts this year. Seems weird, but I'm not sure that I like wearing shorts very much anyway.


Abra Skirt $70
Sheer Short Flowing Skirts: At first, I wasn't sure if they had missed the trend point for these but I've decided that I like them because I definitely don't have enough curves to wear the short jean skirts and these flirty skirts are cute!

ONE layer: This rule is quite contrary to past styles Abercrombie has displayed on their mannequins with sometimes as many as five layers!

I'm willing to give just about anything in fashion a try, so I'm not opposed to this policy. Or atleast, not yet. I like the fact thats its different from past Abercrombie looks. I guess I will see! For now, its a tad cold to be dressing like that!

1 comment:

  1. Haha wow I can't believe they regulate you guys so closely!

    ReplyDelete