Friday, July 10, 2009

Manage me. I'm a mess. Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's going to be my year.

So, who could manage
  1. Reading 10 chapters a week in textbooks,
  2. Two quizzes every weekend,
  3. 4 projects,
  4. Oh and don't forget the normal things like midterms and finals too???
Not me! I think I'm drowning.

But I managed to squeeze in a DIY tonight after I got home from work at 10:30.

So I was inspired by this picture, which I've actually posted before:


This was the bag before:


I got the bag for $12 at a store in the pretty much the ghetto. Yeah, some lady even took my cart because she liked a pair of shoes I had picked out and put in the cart. Crazy people.

And this is the bag after!



I actually really didn't do much to it. I made a black bow out of some crazy mesh fabric and put a studded belt on it. It's probably just about cheater status easy!

Sometimes I really like simple things. I'm not sure why, but I really like this simple black top paired with a simple skinny black belt. I wore it to my mother's Semi -Fourth of July party. I guess I looked pretty unpatriotic but hey, it wasn't even on Fourth of July.



Oh and I wore these shoes, which I bought at the same store where I bought my bag for $6 woohoo!


Well, I must say, I'm thoroughly exhausted right now. Goodnight, Good morning, Good Afternoon and Good Evening around the world!

7 comments:

  1. Love the bag! I just got a new belt (for $1!) that is too big to actually wear but I had to have anyway. Think I may have a cheater DIY on my hands! Love your shoes and adorbs feet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would like the Taylor Swift stuff! Our taste is way too much alike. Eric was telling me about he, Oliver & Carlos all showing up in the same shirts sometimes and I was like, "That sounds like Elyse & myself!" I love it though. At least we know that one person is going to like our outfits! Lol

    I was going to say something about it yesterday, but I like this bag! I love your bows. I really need a new handbag since my white one has a hole in it. Is there anyway I could commission you to put a bow on it for me since I suck at d.i.y.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these shoes. The whole outfit is subtly fab, and the shoes are like icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with that bag! Thanks for sharing. Awesome blog!

    www.bagpoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool blog, I love the title of the post because it really fits how I'm feeling right now

    ReplyDelete